Carl has worked in recruitment for over 20 years. Starting as a medical consultant and progressed to managing the Doctor’s division, before moving into health and social care business development and operations for various companies.
Latterly he was the public-sector Bid Director at Hays (for all 20 specialisms) where Carl spent 8 years winning and managing tenders/bids with values over £1.5 billion. Alongside relationship management with procurement organisations and public sector and framework training to maximise opportunities and growth.
Since July 2014 I have been providing tender and consultancy services exclusively to recruitment agencies. This covers all specialist areas and all delivery models i.e. PSL and MSP. From IT, Facilities, Build Environment, Office Admin, Education, Healthcare, Social Housing, Social Care, Professional Services and many more; for permanent, temporary, interim/contract, volume and international recruitment.
Services are either on an ad-hoc basis or through consultancy retained services.
Carl has an 80%-win rate and testimonials can be found on my LinkedIn profile.
Services that are available could include but are not limited to:
- Fully outsourced tender writing and bid management. Ownership, management, development of all bid related stages. PQQ, RFI, and ITT across multiple sectors and delivery models. Contract, volume and permanent
- Solution and product development. Especially managed services
- Overall bid strategy development
- Public sector and framework training
- Help with devising an effective bid strategy. From devising your solutions and product proposition, including managed services
- Bid management (when you’ve got a tender in – help with planning the strategy and managing who is to do what and by when!)
- Market mapping. Where are the opportunities, which sectors and how to effectively plan to penetrate.
- Attend client meetings, especially with procurement and bid stakeholders
- State of readiness and preparedness for future tenders
- Bid strategy, what to bid for, how to bid and why bid and bid/no bid strategy
- Business, sales and operational strategy development
- Product and position development i.e. contractor pools, managed services solutions
- Bid library review/development
- Training/support with how to use bid portals
- Review of contracts and supporting tender documents (excluding legal review)
- Review of bids that have been written in house with a view to ensuring they are complete, compliant and compelling
- Proof reading
- Tracker training/management – finding the right IT opportunities, OJEU and PIN notices
- Bid management training
- Review and implementation of compliance processes